As a media broker, television air time on behalf of advertisers for many years, negotiate the most profitable campaigns to capture a target demographic. For the uninitiated, Hulu is a website that offers video programming from a variety of sources, including all major television networks (except for the solitary redoubt, CBS). Lost last night Modern Family? You can see it now on Hulu. As for terrestrial television, advertisers can target your Hulu viewers by age, geography and lifestyle segments. But in addition, Hulu has some major advantages:
- Contrary to eight minutes of advertising typical ½ hour television show, Hulu will broadcast only three.
- Ads can not be fast forwarded or skipped.
- The shorter commercial breaks create a greater likelihood that viewers will see the ads.
- Watch Nielsen IAG Research as consistent performance ads from 50% to 100% better on Hulu than open television or cable, as measured by the brand and message recall and sympathy.
- Viewers can choose advertisements to look and not look.
- Viewers can watch programming on multiple platforms: desktop, laptop, smartphones, tablets and gaming devices.
- Viewers can interact with the ads that interest them by clicking on a link to a site, a location list, search, inventory list price and special offers or any other form of commitment.
- Viewers can participate in social networks or share listing information directly from the Hulu platform.
- Viewers can choose to commercial breaks, instead choosing to watch a single advertiser 3 minutes video-- an excellent choice for products or services that require time to demonstrate or tell their story.
Currently, Hulu cost savings are compatible with the programming in primetime on broadcast and cable TV. It will be interesting to watch Hulu, as it develops additional applications to enhance your user experience and help advertisers deal more effectively with interested consumers. On the other hand, curious to see if the site content providers are beginning to have cold feet as Hulu cannibalize your audience.