One of the most unique fire forces in Baltimore County in Maryland. Its combination of service consists of several companies of volunteer firefighters who are working with the fire agency all Baltimore County Fire Department Maryland's oldest city council paid. This revered and cooperative force protects a large suburban county around the city of Baltimore.
The fight against are the nearest Enterprise Resource fires take the steam then mostly paid Baltimore City Fire Department. In 1878, the Fire Department Waverly organized as the first in the county. The Towsontown Fire Company shortly after the forms, the county seat known today simply as Towson. Fund local residents, both the municipality to pay for appliances and fire. In 1881, tight city budget makes a request that the county pay a fee before fire protection. With only two volunteer fire companies, contract with County Commissioners Charles T. Holloway. A chief engineer and spent Fire Department Inspector Baltimore City, Holloway Insurance also started patrolling the fire of the city. Holloway agrees to help create a county fire department on which he will serve as chief engineer for six months.
In July 1881, the Fire Department Waverly Cancels directed to turn your station and apparatus for the new Ministry of the county fire. On September 1, the Baltimore Fire Department County starts with seven companies pulled by horses chemical engine all but one built by Holloway. These are housed in barracks many firefighters in "The belt" Waverly each station, including with paid firefighters. Property transfers Towsontown Fire Company in 1883 for the county Department while remaining dependent on volunteers. Until the first half of 1888, the county fire service has nine stations, each with a chemical engine with four hooks and ladders. On June 1, the city joined Baltimore parts of North 2 miles west and 1 mile "Belt". Sept. County fire stations are lost by adding equipment, fire, riding equipment and the fire department Baltimore. The county department with fire houses in Highlandtown and Canton each with chemical engines two hook and ladders at a Canton in other Towsontown operated volunteers.
In 1890, the new station opens in Catonsville volunteers from the county department in Towson replaced soon after by well paid staff. More county stations follow by 1892. In 1894, the county department begins the addition of steam pumping engines. About the turn of the century, several volunteer companies often form partially funded by the municipality in 1901 making suggestions, the county paid department with its 10 stations to be abolished. A group of Sparrows Point Volunteer Fire Department volunteers seven companies in many fire houses that protect the complex Maryland Steel Company Expansion and yard in the southeast of the city.
On 1 January 1919, the city again annexed over 46 square miles of the county this time on three sides, plus a smaller southern part of Anne Arundel County. This creates the Baltimore County city limits and as it is known today. County Fire lost eight houses six volunteer companies. As before, the Baltimore Fire Department County gets -13 meager personal resources now a motor with the staff paid staff in Towson, Catonsville a motor and a driver assigned to the ownership of motor County Pikesville volunteers. Nineteen volunteers departments remain however, only about 10 modern appliances. Lost are 39 paid employees, eight motorized engines and two hooks and ladders. In April 1942, the county Department begins three ambulance service its stations. Several new volunteers businesses form the county Department is also expanding to meet growing demand.
In 1957, a fire department paid under Bethlehem Steel replaces volunteers in Sparrows Point consolidate a new single seat. In the late 1950s, the Department of the county has 14 engines, one ladder truck, a tanker and six ambulance stations to 10. There are 31 stations of the volunteer company, including at least two companies ambulances and several campus facilities, military and industrial services.
The 1960s brought a new expansion of the Department of County proliferation volunteer companies decrease. For decades Finally, the county Department has 22 engines, five trucks of the scale, a tanker, eight ambulances and several special units of 18 stations. There are 33 stations of the company of volunteers, including two ambulance companies more easily, military and industrial services all operate as a cooperative force.
In early 1970, the City County Department begins the paramedic ambulance service. In the following years and decades, the Baltimore Fire Department County expands further adding other stations, including paramedics only facilities. In 1987, the department Sparrows Point goes to the county Department to station 57. The last station of the county opened in 2009 a multi-Gas station replacement Parkton 60 facilities in the rural county north.
Baltimore County Fire Rescue Service is provided by a unique system that includes all Career County Fire Department with 25 operating stations 30 engines, 9 and 30 stairs paramedic ambulances. This organization works in unison with several volunteer companies also with an impressive fleet of features, including engines, tanks, ladders, rescue trucks and paramedic ambulances. While other Maryland counties now have municipal services county fire came these usually after World War II.